As we get older, it becomes increasingly important to maintain and improve our cognitive health. Since seniors are more prone to experience cognitive decline, it is important to engage them in mentally stimulating activities, and physical exercise, and encourage them to do social interaction so they can keep their brains working at their fullest potential despite being in their golden years. So if you need help in caring for your loved ones, you can always seek support from providers of senior care in Virginia.
Agencies that offer home care services in Charlottesville, Virginia usually have a wide knowledge of what things are the best for enhancing the overall well-being of the elderly, especially when it comes to their cognitive health.
As a trusted home care provider in Fairfax, Virginia, we are more than willing to share with you some helpful tips on how to boost your senior’s brain function. You can start by preparing them healthy meals that include the following:
- Berries like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, and mulberries
- Oily fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines and dark chocolate
- Nuts and seeds and whole grains such as brown rice, barley, oatmeal, etc.
- Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, etc.
- Coffee, avocados, peanuts, soy products, kale, and eggs
Here at Alpha Home Care Services LLC, we have skilled and compassionate caregivers in Danville, Virginia that you can count on.
We encourage everyone who is interested in our services to start your care plan today. Call us now for more info.
Leave a Reply